Detecting Electrical Panel Hazards

Detecting Electrical Panel Hazards

At a recent inspection conducted by Rob DeRosa from LunsPro Home Inspections, a critical electrical issue emerged, underscoring the importance of thorough home assessments.

During the inspection, Rob focused his attention on the electrical panel and uncovered disconcerting findings. He observed discoloration, melted plastic components, and damaged breakers. The situation was alarming, with the infrared thermometer indicating temperatures exceeding 200 degrees Fahrenheit.

Rob's expertise informed him that arc fault and ground fault circuit interrupter (AFCI/GFCI) breakers could naturally run slightly warmer, up to 130 degrees or below. However, the elevated temperature detected by the infrared gun was well beyond safe limits.

Recognizing the potential fire hazard this presented, Rob took immediate action. He alerted the real estate agents involved and made the prudent decision to shut off power to the entire house. This swift and responsible action helped avert any potential fire damage and ensured the safety of the property and its occupants.

This incident serves as a powerful reminder of the crucial role that professional home inspectors like Rob DeRosa play in safeguarding homes and the people who reside in them. When it comes to your home inspection, trust the experts at LunsPro Home Inspections to keep you safe and informed.

Contact Us

We're open for business and available to answer any of your questions about home inspections. We promise to respond promptly!